Chicken sandwich for the soul! Try this delicious marinated chicken with ranchero salsa to start off the week right.
- Servings 2
- 30 mins. + 1 hr. marinate
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- ½ cup fresh Orange Juice
- ½ cup fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp. Chile Ancho Powder
- 2 cloves Garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 small Tomatoes
- 1 small Onion
- ½ medium Serrano Pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic; 1 chopped, 1 smashed
- 1/2 tsp. Hot Sauce (Tapatio or Cholula)
- 1 tsp. ground Cumin
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground Pepper
- 2 tbsp. + 2 tsp. extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 4 large Eggs
- 2-4 slices of Bread
- Queso Fresco
For the chicken marinade:
- Combine the chicken, orange juice, lime juice, chile ancho powder, and garlic in a large plastic freezer bag.
- Place in the refrigerator and let marinade for 1 hour.
- Remove from the marinade and sear.
For the ranchero sauce:
- Rough chop the tomatoes and onions and add them to a food processor. Pulse until ingredients combine into a chunky sauce.
- Add the serrano, chopped garlic, hot sauce, cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a medium skillet over low heat and add 2 tsp. olive oil.
- Fry the salsa in the oil until it thickens slightly, 3 minutes.
- Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Toast the bread.
- Add the grilled chicken.
- Add a fried or poached egg.
- Add ranchero sauce.
- Top with crumbled cheese.
The longer you let the chicken marinate, the more flavor you will have.