Chef Aarón Sánchez shares a recipe for his signature flavor base. A smoky and creamy paste that can be used on your favorite meat, poultry or fish as seasoning.
- Servings 1 cup
- 30 mins.
- 1 cup Canola Oil
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tbsp. chopped canned Chipotle Chiles in Adobo sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Cilantro
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Pour the oil into a heavy ovenproof medium saucepan and add the garlic.
- Cover the pot with foil, put it in the oven, and cook until the garlic turns a nutty brown and is really soft (think cream cheese), about 45 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the oven and let the garlic and oil cool to room temperature.
- Put the garlic and the now garlic-infused oil in a food processor or blender.
- Add the chipotles and sauce, cilantro, lime zest, and salt and puree until the mixture is very smooth.
- Store in the fridge in a tightly covered container for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to a month.
Use this sauce as a seasoning for your favorite meat, poultry or fish. Add a little mayonnaise and turn it into a spread.