Try this sweet and creamy traditional rice drink, a classic from Venezuela.
- Servings 2
- 50 mins.
- 1 cup Rice
- 5 cups Water
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups whole Milk
- 1 cup condensed Milk + ¼ cup for garnishing
- 1 tsp. Vanilla essence
- Crushed ice
- Cinnamon powder
- Wash rice thoroughly with water until liquids run clear.
- In a medium sauce pan, mix rice water, cinnamon stick, and pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for about 30-40 minutes, until rice is very, very soft. Remove from heat and allow to cool down. Discard cinnamon stick.
- Using a vitamix or blender, combine rice mixture with whole milk, condensed milk, and vanilla essence.
- Serve in a glass with crushed ice, add a little condensed milk using squirt bottle, and dust with cinnamon powder
Add two ounces of rum to make it into a cocktail.