Give your turkey leftovers a second life by frying it up with onions, garlic, and cranberry sauce. It makes the perfect sweet and savory filling for a quesadilla.
- Servings 1
- ½ lb. Turkey, shredded
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ White Onion, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Cranberry Sauce
- ½ Chipotle Pepper, minced
- 1 tbsp. Cilantro, minced
- ¾ cup Melting Cheese (Pepper Jack recommended)
- 2 large Flour Tortillas
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil on medium-high. Cook the onions and the garlic until soft. Reduce heat to low and add turkey, chipotle and cranberry sauce. Fold together for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and fold in cilantro.
- Place 1 tortilla in a separate skillet. Fill with ¼ cup filling and ¼ cup cheese. Spread evenly, leaving about ¼” along the edges. Cover with another tortilla and cook over medium heat until lightly brown on both sides.
- Slice into 4-8 pieces.
- Serve with crema or guacamole.
Feel free to drop in any other leftovers you have on deck. Green beans, potato, and veggies are all fair game.