Give your turkey leftovers a second life by frying it up with onions, garlic, and cranberry sauce. It makes the perfect sweet and savory filling for a quesadilla.
- Servings 1
- ½ lb. Turkey, shredded
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ White Onion, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Cranberry Sauce
- ½ Chipotle Pepper, minced
- 1 tbsp. Cilantro, minced
- ¾ cup Melting Cheese (Pepper Jack recommended)
- 2 large Flour Tortillas
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil on medium-high. Cook the onions and the garlic until soft. Reduce heat to low and add turkey, chipotle and cranberry sauce. Fold together for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and fold in cilantro.
- Place 1 tortilla in a separate skillet. Fill with ¼ cup filling and ¼ cup cheese. Spread evenly, leaving about ¼” along the edges. Cover with another tortilla and cook over medium heat until lightly brown on both sides.
- Slice into 4-8 pieces.
- Serve with crema or guacamole.
Pro Tips to get the best Quesadilla
Feel free to drop in any other leftovers you have on deck. Green beans, potato, and veggies are all fair game.
How to make the perfect tortilla
This cast iron tortilla press kit is the ultimate companion to to make delicious corn tortillas. You only need flour and water. And this kit, of course!