A healthier alternative to regular potato fries.
- Servings 4
- 30 mins.
- 2 lb. fresh Yuca (Cassava) root
- Peanut oil, for frying
For Spice Rub:
- ½ tsp. Coriander
- 2 tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- ½ tbsp. Mushroom powder
- 1 tbsp. Cumin
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- ¾ tsp. Pepper
- In dutch oven or personal fryer, heat peanut oil to 350 °F.
- Peel yuca until the bark is totally removed.
- Cut yuca into batons.
- Fry for about 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the fries are cooking, create your spice mix by combining all the ingredients into a bowl.
- Remove fries from oil and allow to drain on paper towel.
- Toss in spice mix and enjoy!
Serve with ketchup or a garlic aoli.