This mouthwatering and versatile cooking base is inspired by the famous Puerto Rican Sofrito, which has many variations. It can be used on soups, appetizers, salads and your favorite meat!
- Servings 1
- 10 mins.
- 3 large Green Bell Peppers
- 3 large Onions, diced
- 2 Jalapeño Chiles
- 1 Serrano Chile
- 1 head of Garlic, peeled
- 1 large bunch Cilantro
- 1/2 bunch of Recao (about 15 leaves)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth. There will be some foam/bubbles at the end.
- Use as a condiment for white fish, rice, or chicken. Store in airtight container in refrigerator if using within a few weeks.