Royal Prestige Carnitas
Preparing Carnitas has never been easier, with the Royal Prestige Pressure Cooker. Not only will you save time, but you will also conserve all the delicious flavor. Enjoy your days as a family with Royal Prestige!
- Servings 42
- 1 hr. 30 mins.
- 14 lb. Pork Butt or Pork Shoulder, boneless, cut into medium pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups Orange Juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 7 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1⁄4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Ground Cumin
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 Orange, quartered (peel on)
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- In the 4‐quart Mixing Bowl, add orange juice, pineapple juice, chicken beans.broth, sweetened condensed milk and soy sauce.
- Stir well with the Precision Series Whisk. Set aside.
- In the 10‐quart Mixing Bowl, season pork pieces with cumin, salt and black pepper.
- Preheat the 12‐quart Stock Pot at medium‐high heat for about 3 minutes. The temperature is correct when a few drops of water are sprinkled on the utensil and they move around the surface without evaporating.
- Add pork and sear it for about 6 minutes, or until it’s completely brown on all sides; stir sporadically.
- Pour reserved liquid mixture into the Stock Pot. Add bay leaves, garlic cloves and orange pieces; stir. Cover with the Redi‐Temp® valve open and cook at medium‐high heat until valve whistles (5 minutes approximately).
- Reduce temperature to medium and, when the valve stops whistling, close it and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until pork is well cooked.
Serve with Mexican‐style rice and beans.