Impress your guests with this easy and colorful Peruvian classic: Potatoes with Huancaína Sauce!
- Servings 4
- 4 Purple Potatoes, peeled & sliced, ½” thick
- 8 oz Queso Fresco
- 6 oz. Evaporated Milk
- 2 Ají Amarillo Chiles from a jar, whole
- 4 Soda Crackers
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- Add potatoes to a pot of cold, salted water and bring to boil. Let boil for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes can be pierced with a fork. As soon as they are done, transfer to strainer and cover with ice to ensure they don’t carry over cook and start falling apart. Once dried, transfer onto a serving plate.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Add more milk as needed and adjust taste with salt if necessary.
- Pour a generous amount of the cheese sauce over the potatoes.
- Keep it simple and serve as is, or add hard boiled eggs.
You can also add pickled red onions and olives on top, a traditional way to serve them from Lima, Perú.
Do you enjoy cooking Latin Recipes?
You can find more here!