Pack a punch of protein to start the week with this easy and flavorful Mexican-style bowl.
- Servings 2
- 1 lb. marinated Steak
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ½ cup Black Beans, cooked
- 1 cup Wild Rice, cooked
- ¼ cup Green Peas, cooked
- ¼ cup Sweet Potatoes, roasted
- ½ cup Brussel Sprouts, roasted
- Salsa, lime, & cilantro, garnish
- Pre-cook your beans, wild rice, and peas.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Toss sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts in a large bowl with 2-3 tbsp. olive oil, salt, pepper, and cayenne or paprika if you’d like. Spread in an even layer out onto a sheet tray and roast for about 15 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- In a large skillet or flat top grill cook steak to medium-rare.
- Set all ingredients aside separately when done. Combine in a bowl however you prefer.
- Top with salsa, fresh lime juice, and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Replace the steak for your favorite source of protein, grilled chicken or fish would be a great choice as well.