Looking for an easy Beef Enchiladas recipe? Look no further, you can make these beef enchiladas with red sauce and queso for any weekday dinner!
- Servings 8
How to make easy Beef Enchiladas with Red Sauce?
Ingredients for the easy Beef Enchiladas
- 3 tbsps Mazola© Corn** Oil*, plus extra for greasing
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 celery stick
- 1 chicken cube bouillon
- 2 tbsp chipotle chilli paste
- Enchilada sauce, to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 soft tortillas
- 3 tbsp sliced red jalapeños
- Cheddar cheese, to taste
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Sour cream, to taste
How to make easy Beef Enchiladas
- Heat 3 tbsps of Mazola© Corn** Oil* in a pan. Add the beef and sauté over a high heat for 4–5 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the onion, garlic, chile and celery.
- Crumble in the chicken bouillon and add the enchilada sauce. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat to medium–low and simmer for 40 minutes, or until thickened, stirring from time to time. Stir in the cilantro and the shredded cheddar cheese and season well.
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- Lightly oil a shallow ovenproof dish with Mazola© Corn Oil*.
- Place the stuffed tortillas carefully in the dish, seam-side down, to fit.
- Add jalapeños and then the cheese. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes, or until lightly golden and bubbling.
- Sprinkle with extra chopped cilantro and red chilli, and serve with sour cream.
This recipe is brought to you by Mazola©. Want to see more easy recipes? Check out our Mazola©’s featured recipes!
Add some extra enchilada red sauce before putting the enchiladas into the oven for a delicious beef enchiladas casserole.
*Very limited and preliminary scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1 tablespoon (16 grams) of corn oil daily may reduce the risk of heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in corn oil. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim. To achieve this possible benefit, corn oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. One serving of this product contains 14 grams of corn oil.
**Corn, canola, and soybean oils are cholesterol-free foods that contain 14g of total fat per serving. See nutrition information on product label or at www.mazola.com for fat and saturated fat content.