These gourmet fish croquettes are a delightful appetizer inspired by the coastal cities of Uruguay.
- 4 thinly sliced Cod Filets
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices of White Bread
- ½ Onion
- 1 tbsp. chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped Cilantro
- 1 tsp. ground Chili
- 1 Lime’s zest
For the sauce:
- 2 Chili Peppers
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 cup of Vinegar
- 3 tbsp. of Brown Sugar
- Cut chili peppers into thin slices.
- Grate tomatoes to make a paste.
- Sauté peppers in olive oil and add brown sugar, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and mix with vinegar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mash cod filets with a fork until flakey and place in bowl.
- Chop onions and herbs and add to bowl. Add egg and lime zest and mix well.
- Soak bread slices in milk and tear bread apart, add to fish mixture.
- Form small balls with two spoons and fry in hot oil.
- Remove with skimmer and drain.
- Serve with sauce.
Serve with a side of rosemary mashed potatoes.