The taste and smell of a Colombian Christmas is defined by these exquisite buñuelos.
- Servings 6-8
- 1 cup Buñuelo Flour, available in local Latin grocery stores
- 1 cup Cotija Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp. Milk
- Vegetable Oil, to fry
- Mix the flour, cheese and egg until you get a smooth dough. If you find that it is too dry, add 1 tbsp. of milk at a time until you get the right soft consistency.
- Shape the buñuelos by making small balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Heat up the oil in a deep fryer or large pot to 325°F and add a few buñuelos at a time, leaving enough room for them to float around.
- Fry for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.