Ceviche is an ancient staple of Latin food, with records showing versions of it were prepared before the arrival of the Spaniards to the continent.
- Servings 4
- 2 hr. 30 mins.
- 1 lb. Shrimp
- Juice of 2-3 Limes
- Pulp of ½ Passion Fruit
- Sweet Corn Kernels, about 1/2 cob
- 1 Red Onion
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 Celery stalk
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper
- 1/2 Avocado
- Salt and Pepper
- Lime Zest
- 1 handful Cilantro
- Cut the shrimp in thirds vertically.
- Combine the chopped onion, corn kernels, jalapeño pepper, celery, cucumber and cilantro in a bowl. Add the passion fruit pulp.
- Mix the vegetables with the uncooked shrimp and and the lime juice. Make sure to cover the shrimp completely.
- Let the shrimp cook and marinate for about 2 hrs. in the fridge.
- Serve with avocado and cilantro.
Adjust the level of spicy adding more jalapeño peppers.