This rich, creamy shrimp stew served in a roasted pumpkin makes the ultimate centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table.
- Servings 2
- 1 hr.
- 1 small Pumpkin, seeds removed
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ¾ lbs. Shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 2 Jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 3-4 sprigs of Cilantro
- 5 oz. Cream Cheese
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wrap the pumpkin in foil and bake for about 30 minutes to soften.
- While the pumpkin is baking, heat olive oil in a medium saucepan and add onions. Cook about 2 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic, jalapeños and continue cooking. Add shrimp and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and cook until shrimp just begins to turn pink.
- Line the inside of the pumpkin with cream cheese. Fill with shrimp mixture and return to oven for another 20 minutes, or until pumpkin begins to soften.
- Sprinkle in fresh cilantro and mix well.
- Enjoy with white rice.
Add chopped, cooked yucca or potatoes for a more rib-sticking dish.