Why have toast when you can enjoy avocado on a toasted tortilla? Our guest Chef Ted Montoya shares his recipe for a mouthwatering avocado tostada. A perfect breakfast or afternoon snack!
- Servings 4
- 15 mins.
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Lime
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 bunch fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 Onion, shaved
- 1 Radish, shaved
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Hot Sauce, Tapatío preferred
- 1 tbsp. White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Sesame Seeds
- 4 Corn Tortillas
- Split avocados in half, remove pit and discard, scoop avocado with spoon into a mixing bowl.
- Season avocado with lime and salt, and mash into chunky spread.
- Thinly slice onions and radishes, and half your cherry tomatoes. Slice off bottoms of cilantro and then rough chop the rest. Toss together in a small bowl and drizzle with 2 tsp. each olive oil, hot sauce, and vinegar. Season with salt.
- Toast tortillas over medium flame on an open range burner.
- Top tostadas with avocado mixture and then salad.
- Garnish with sesame seed and chili powder.
Try it also with small chunks of bacon on the avocado mash.