Put your slow cooker to use with these mouthwatering adobo BBQ sliders.
- 1.5 lbs. Beef shoulder or Rump Roast
For the Sauce:
- 4 medium sized, diced Sweet Potatoes
- 10-12 dried, finely chopped Dates
- 1 small yellow Onion, diced
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 2 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Red pepper flakes
- 1 tbs. Honey
- Olive oil
- 1 can of Tomato Paste
For the Sliders:
- 4-6 Kaiser rolls
- 4 cups shredded Cabbage
- ½ cup White Wine Vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the sauce:
- Sauté the sweet potatoes in olive oil until tender. Usually around 10 minutes.
- Add the dry spices, honey, tomato paste, onion, and dates, then cook down until sweet potatoes are falling apart.
- Blend the entire mixture in batches until it has a smooth, viscous consistency.
To make the beef:
- Dry rub the beef in the same spice mixture you made the sauce with. Place in the center of the slow cooker, then pour over the sauce. The beef doesn’t have to be entirely covered.
- Set on medium for 7-8 hours.
- After about 6 hours, shred the beef with a fork and let cook for the remainder of time.
To make the sliders:
- Mix the cabbage with the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Assemble the sandwich with the shredded beed.
Serve with fresh guacamole and a cold beer.