These soft, crumbly and almondy traditional cookies from Latin America are easy, fun and delicious. Decorate them with your favorite holiday designs!
- Servings 8-10
- 30 mins.
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Shortening
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Almond extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a deep bowl, cream together the butter and shortening.
- Add the sugar slowly to the mix and mix well. Add the almond extract and mix well. Add the flour slowly until the mix is hard to stir.
- Form small balls with the dough until all is used. Place the small balls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place the cookies in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Let them cool before eating them.
Decorate them with sprinkles, edible glitter or white chocolate.