You'll want to make these delicious Mexican-inspired stuffed bell peppers time and time again.
- Servings 2-4
- 50 mins.
- 2 Chayotes, peeled and chopped
- 4-8 Bell Peppers
- 2 lb. Ground beef
- 1 tbsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 cups Mexican Rice
- 4 oz. Tomato Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Mix the seasoning into the ground beef. Add the chayote, corn, onion, and Mexican rice. Set aside.
- To prepare the bell peppers, cut off the top of the bell peppers and remove seeds.
- Prepare sauce by mixing 2 cups of hot water, 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes, salt, 2-tablespoons oil and 1-tablespoon lemon juice. Taste and adjust salt.
- Stuff each of the bell peppers with the rice-beef mixture.
- Place the stuffed peppers side by side in an oven safe skillet and top with tomato sauce.
- Cover the skillet and bake for 30-45 minutes until beef is cooked and peppers start to soften. If the beef seems to be drying out, add more sauce and a splash of chicken stock at the bottom of the skillet.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and let cool on plate.
Pair these delicious bell peppers with an ice-cold Mexican beer.