Taco Tuesday will never be the same with this mouthwatering and delicious vegan version of carnitas.
- Servings 4-6
- 45 mins.
- 2 20 oz. cans Green Jackfruit in brine, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup Orange Juice
- ¾ cup Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Salt
- ¼ tbsp. Chili Flakes
- 2 tbsp. Cumin Powder
- Cilantro, to garnish
- In a medium bowl, add jackfruit and all dry ingredients and mix together. Add ½ cup orange juice and ½ cup olive oil. Reserve leftover juice and oil for the last few minutes of cooking.
- Preheat nonstick pan to medium high heat.
- Add jackfruit to pan, and allow to brown all around. Use the back of a spoon to break down jackfruit pieces until it is shredded.
- Once shredded and brown, add remaining juice and oil and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with warm corn tortillas.
Add 2 tbsp. Achiote Powder for extra flavor