Jackfruit can be used as an eco-friendly meat alternative, it’s rich in protein and fat free.
- Servings n/a
- 30 mins.
- Fresh Jackfruit
- Meat slicing knife
- Start by cutting the fruit in half, lengthwise. Cut straight down the middle. Flip it over and repeat.
- Cut into quarters, straight down the middle of each half.
- Cut out the center or the core and peel the outer layer back to loosen the pods.
- Harvest the pods from the fruit and reserve. Peel off any rind.
- Remove the seeds from the pods and save them.
- Try one of our jackfruit recipes!
The ripeness of a jackfruit, like most fruits, can be determined by its color and firmness. If you can recognize a dull hallow sound when you tap it, that means it’s in great shape!