Before making your favorite salsa follow these easy tips to cure a new molcajete.
- 1 Molcajete, new
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Rice
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- Coarse Salt
- Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- Take molcajete and brush sides to make sure to get rid of any loose gravel.
- Add salt and water, mash into paste. The paste will turn a light grey color.
- Rinse off.
- Repeat the process until the paste is no longer giving off a grey color.
- Add garlic and salt, grinding into the molcajete.
- Take water or a napkin and clean off.
Let air dry overnight.