Enjoy this easy Grilled Chicken Skewers, marinated in a delicious sauce that not only is good for your tastebuds: it will prevent from sticking when grilling them.
- Servings 6
- 30' plus 1 hour for marinating
If you’ve ever wondered how to make Grilled Chicken Skewers without burning the vegetables, here’s the best way to do it!
Ingredients for the Grilled Chicken Skewers
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Mazola© Corn Oil* **
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 red onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- White rice (cooked)
How to cook the Grilled Chicken Skewers
- Put the Mazola© Corn Oil* **, soy sauce, honey, garlic and salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cut the chicken breasts, bell peppers, zucchinis and the red onion in similar shape and size (we recommend one inch cubes).
- Add the chicken breasts, bell peppers, zucchini and red onion to the bowl. Toss to coat in the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In the meantime, soak the wooden skewers in cold water for 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill pan to medium high heat and add a tablespoon of Mazola© Corn Oil* **.
- Thread the chicken and vegetables pieces onto the skewers.
- Cook the chicken skewers for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle your Grilled Chicken Skewers with parsley and serve with white rice and enjoy!
How do you grill the chicken skewers without burning vegetables? The secret is cutting the chicken and the vegetables in similar shape and size.
How do you grill the chiken skewers without sticking? It’s all about the marinade made with Mazola© Corn Oil, soy sauce and honey, lettting it sit for an hour and soaking the skewers in cold water for one hour as well.
Want to enjoy more delicious recipes made with Mazola© Corn Oil? Check these out!
*Very limited and preliminary scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1 tablespoon (16 grams) of corn oil daily may reduce the risk of heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in corn oil. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim. To achieve this possible benefit, corn oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. One serving of this product contains 14 grams of corn oil.
**Corn oil is a cholesterol-free food that contains 14g of total fat per serving. See nutrition information on product label or at www.mazola.com for fat and saturated fat content.