- 1⁄2 Jalapeño pepper
- 1 Corn on the cob
- 1⁄2 medium Zucchini, sliced in half
- 1 cups canned Black Beans, rinsed and strained
- 1⁄8 cup Cilantro, minced
- 3 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Pinch dried Oregano
- Pinch Cumin
- Pinch Chili flakes
- 1⁄2 tbsp. Salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. Pepper
- Preheat charbroiler to medium.
- Char jalapeño, whole corn, and zucchini on charbroiler until slightly blackened. Place aside and allow to cool.
- Once jalapeños, corn, and zucchini have come to room temperature, dice jalapeño into 1⁄8 inch pieces, cut charred corn kernels off the stalk, and dice zucchini into 1⁄4 inch pieces.
- Add jalapeños, corn, and zucchini to a large mixing bowl. Add beans and slowly fold together. Fold from outside towards middle of the put to avoid cutting into beans.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, cumin, chili flakes, salt (taste the beans for salt first), and pepper.
- Add minced cilantro, reserving some whole sprigs for later for serving.
Serve with tortilla chips.