A light vegetarian version of the famous Fabada Asturiana that is equal parts healthy and delicious, from our guest Chef Shelly Gilad from Shelly’s Humble Kitchen.
- Servings 2
- Olive Oil
- 2 medium Carrots, diced
- Handful Parsley leaves, chopped roughly (save some for garnish)
- Red chili Pepper, sliced
- 5 Garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cups Tomato Frito or 2 cups crushed Tomatoes mixed with 2 tsp. cane Sugar
- 5 cups Water or Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp. smoked Paprika or ground Chipotle
- ½ tsp. ground Cumin
- 3 cups cooked White Beans
- Add about 1 tablespoon olive oil to a medium soup pot.
- Put it over medium heat and saute the carrots, garlic, chili and the parsley leaves for a couple of minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, water and spices and cook uncovered for 30 minutes, until the broth is getting thick.
- Add the beans and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with a good drizzle of olive oil and garnish with parsley.
Pro Tips for the perfect fabada!
Serve with crusty bread, and with Asturian cider or a red wine.
If you want to try more of these amazing smart vegetable recipes, go to our guest chef Shelly Gilad website!