What else can be said about flan? Everyone loves flan, and this tempting version will make you love it even more!
- Servings 4
- 1 hr. 15 mins.
Flan is easily the most popular Latin dessert and has been for many generations. It’s won the hearts of pretty much every Latino, spanning thousands of miles, hundreds of preferences, and people of all ages, sexes, and backgrounds. It’s one of those foods. This sweet is obviously the dessert of the people. To know more, check out our History of Flan article!
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 package Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 egg Yolks, at room temperature
- 1 can sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 can Evaporated Milk
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Hot water (170°F to 175°F)
- Cook sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes or until melted and medium-brown in color. Quickly pour into a small cake molds.
- Beat cream cheese and eggs in a large bowl 1 minute.
- Once blended, add all milks and vanilla extract and stir well.
- Pour milk mixture over caramelized sugar in molds.
- Place molds on oven safe cake pan and fill pan with hot water.
- Place in oven at 325°F for 1 hour or until edges are set.
- Let cool completely.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
Pro Tips to enjoy your flan!
Serve with a spoonful of dulce de leche.