An easy and mouthwatering recipe for Tomato & Mozzarella Ravioli with a Mexican-inspired creamy chipotle sauce
- Servings 2-4
- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Tomato & Mozzarella Ravioli (18 oz.)
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 lb. fresh Mexican Chorizo, removed from casing
- 2 cans Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce, drained, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup Mexican Squash (aka white squash), chopped
- 2 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 8 oz. Mexican Crema
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Cotija Cheese
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Basil, thinly sliced
- Heat olive oil in a deep pan over medium-hight heat. Add onions and cook for about 4-5 minutes, until onions are soft and translucent. Add in chorizo and garlic and cook for 6 minutes, breaking it with a wooden spoon.
- Add in chipotle peppers, red bell peppers, and Mexican squash to pan. Gradually add tomato paste and Mexican crema. Whisk until well mixed and season with salt & pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and keep covered.
- In large pot, cook ravioli per package instructions. Drain ravioli, saving 1/4 cup of cooking water.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce pan; stir gently to coat. If the sauce is too thick, add 1 tbsp. of cooking water to thin it out (or more to reach desired consistency).
- Portion ravioli on plates, top with cotija cheese and garnish with fresh basil.
Are you gonna use this amazing recipe to impress your loved ones? Level it up with these incredible items for your kitchen!