Tomato and Mozzarella Ravioli with Chorizo and Creamy Chipotle Sauce
An easy and mouthwatering recipe for Tomato & Mozzarella Ravioli with a Mexican-inspired creamy chipotle sauce
- Servings 2-4
- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Tomato & Mozzarella Ravioli (18 oz.)
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 lb. fresh Mexican Chorizo, removed from casing
- 2 cans Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce, drained, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup Mexican Squash (aka white squash), chopped
- 2 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 8 oz. Mexican Crema
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Cotija Cheese
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Basil, thinly sliced
- Heat olive oil in a deep pan over medium-hight heat. Add onions and cook for about 4-5 minutes, until onions are soft and translucent. Add in chorizo and garlic and cook for 6 minutes, breaking it with a wooden spoon.
- Add in chipotle peppers, red bell peppers, and Mexican squash to pan. Gradually add tomato paste and Mexican crema. Whisk until well mixed and season with salt & pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and keep covered.
- In large pot, cook ravioli per package instructions. Drain ravioli, saving 1/4 cup of cooking water.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce pan; stir gently to coat. If the sauce is too thick, add 1 tbsp. of cooking water to thin it out (or more to reach desired consistency).
- Portion ravioli on plates, top with cotija cheese and garnish with fresh basil.