A delicious vegan garnish that you can use on your favorite tacos or chile relleno.
- Servings 1
- 10 mins.
- ½ cup Tempeh, diced ¼ inch
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- Fillet the tempeh in half, and dice into ¼ inch pieces. Put aside the rest.
- Preheat small saucepan to medium heat, and add oil.
- Once hot, add tempeh, and continually stir until brown and crispy.
- Remove fried tempeh pieces and place on a paper towel to gather excess oil. Season immediately with salt.
Vegan Tempeh Chicharron secrets
Make sure you cut the Tempeh in very small cubes and that you use canola oil to boost tempeh’s natural flavor
What is the difference between tofu and tempeh?
Tempeh and tofu are processed soy products. Tofu, which is more widespread, is made from coagulated soy milk pressed into solid white blocks. … On the other hand, tempeh is made from soybeans that have been fermented and compacted into a firm, dense cake.