Tamarindo Asada Steak
Make this drool-worthy carne asada with spicy and sour Tamarind marinade. A recipe from our guest Chef Paola Briseño.
- Servings 4
- 30 mins. + 2 hrs. marinate
- 1⁄4 cup Tamarind concentrate
- 2 Serrano Chiles, with seeds, thinly sliced into rounds
- 3 tbsp. grated Piloncillo (Brown Sugar Cane)
- 1 tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp. Grape Seed Oil
- 2 pounds Skirt Steak, cut into 4 pieces
- Whisk tamarind, chiles, piloncillo, salt, and 1 Tbsp. oil in a shallow baking dish. Add steak and turn to coat. Cover and chill at least for 2 hours.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over high heat. Working in 2 batches and adding remaining oil between batches, cook steak until it starts to caramelize and it’s deeply browned, about 2–4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board; let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
Grill tortillas and serve steak in tacos, top with salsa