Sunflower Seed Brittle
The always amazing Shelly Gilad shares a recipe for an easy healthy treat, with help from special guest Chef Sweet Mariona.
- Servings 4-6
- 40 mins.
- 1 1/4 cups Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Rice Syrup
- Dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the sunflower seeds, coconut, sesame seeds, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl and stir well.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil over low heat. Add the rice syrup and whisk until well combined. Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and fold quickly to incorporate it before the mixture becomes too sticky. Spoon the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and flatten it with a spatula or cover with plastic wrap and smash it into a thin layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and with a big spoon drizzle it over the brittle.
- Cut or crack the brittle into pieces and serve.
Store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to one week.