Top off your summer bbq with these mouthwatering grilled pineapple slices with rum glaze.
- Servings 6-8
- 30 mins.
- 1 fresh Pineapple
- ¼ cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- ¼ cup Dark Rum
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground Cloves
- ½ tsp. ground Ginger
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Peel the pineapple and, leaving it whole, cut out the center core. Slice into 8 rings, and place them in a shallow glass dish or resealable plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, mix together the rum, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Pour marinade over the pineapple, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour, or overnight.
- Save the rum liquid after removing pineapples and reduce down to a sauce/glaze.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Lightly oil grate.
- Grill pineapple rings 15 minutes, turning once, or until outside is dry and char marked. Serve with remaining marinade.
- Top with ice cream and drizzle rum glaze on top.
Garnish with coconut shavings, cacao nibs or honey toasted peanuts.