Looking for a variation of the classic Ceviche Recipe? Try this delicious and beautiful spot prawn ceviche to mix up your daily calory intake!
- 1/2 lb. Live Spot Prawns
- 2 Young Coconuts, cut in halves
- 4 Tangelos
- 2 Limes
- 1/3 cup Jalapeño Oil
- 1⁄2 Mini Heirloom Tomatoes
- 10 Manzanilla Olives
- 1 Serrano Chile, sliced thin
- Cancha (crispy corn)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Separate the shrimp head from tail, peel and clean. Cut into 4-5 pieces per shrimp, set aside in fridge.
- Juice tangelos and limes in separate non-reactive bowl add salt and pepper and blend with jalapeño oil.
- Cut tomatoes in half. Combine shrimp with serrano and tangelo-lime marinade.
- Use coconuts halves as bowls in which to serve. Marinate for about 2-3 minutes inside bowls and top with tomatoes, micro-cilantro and cancha.
- Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Pro Tips for the perfect Ceviche
To make the Jalapeño oil blench six jalapeños with a pinch of salt and blend with 1 cup vegetable oil. Strain with cheese cloth in a container over ice.
This is a recipe brought to you by our friends at Ceviche Project!
Do you want to try more ceviche recipes?
Here you have more options for you to try!