Make this delicious and easy egg skillet that combines the Mediterranean shakshuka and Mexican huevos rancheros. Another amazing recipe from our guest Chef Shelly Gilad from Shelly’s Humble Kitchen.
- Servings 2
- 30 mins.
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1 tsp. sweet Paprika
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- 1 Green Pepper, diced
- 4-5 ripe Tomatoes, roughly diced
- 1 red Chili Pepper, sliced
- 1 inch Ginger
- Handful of Parsley, roughly chopped (save some for garnish)
- 2 free-range Eggs
- Ground Chipotle Chili
- Olive Oil
- Pour some olive oil into a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 3 – 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the spices, green pepper, tomatoes and chili pepper.
- Grate the ginger straight into the pan and sprinkle salt, and stir. Add the parsley and stir again. Cover the pan and simmer for 15 -20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Increase the heat to medium, drizzle some olive oil over the tomato sauce then gently crack the eggs into the pan.
- Cook with the lid on for 1-2 minutes. Remove and continue to cook until only the egg whites are cooked completely. (Lower the heat if necessary)
- Sprinkle salt and ground chipotle, garnish with parsley and serve.
Add some avocado toast on the side for a hearty breakfast or lunch.