Reward yourself with these delicious gnocchi made with yams and garnished with grated zucchini.
- Servings 2-4
- 1 hr.
- 2 large Yams / Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1/3 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1 Zucchini
- Bake the yams for 30 minutes at 350°F. Set aside and let cool.
- After they cool down peel them and mash them.
- Add the yams, flour, salt and pepper and form a dough. If necessary add more flour until it doesn’t stick to the fingers. Cut and make rolls with the dough. Cut in 1 inch pieces and put them through a fork. Toss them in batches in a pot with salted boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes until they float.
- Take them out with a skimmer and set aside.
- In a pan, brown the butter until toasted, add the chopped nuts and the gnocchi.
- Mix and finish with grated zucchini on top.
Garnish with fresh parmesan cheese or emmental cheese.