Take your usual tacos on a trip using chickpea flour to make the tortilla, inspired by the delicious socca’s from France and Italy.
- Servings 10
For the Socca Tortilla:
- 1 cup Chickpea Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 ¼ cup lukewarm Water
- 3 tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil, for pan (or canola or vegetable oil)
For the Tomato Salsa:
- 1-2 cups Grape Tomatoes cut into half
- 1 small Red Onion, diced
- Handful Cilantro, chopped
- Olive Oil
- Juice of ½ Lemon or Lime
- ½ tsp. Chipotle Powder
- A pinch of Cumin
- Sea Salt
- 1 avocado, diced
- Put chickpea flour, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk in warm water and olive oil. Cover with a plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel and let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Place a small or medium non-stick pan over medium heat. Add a knob of coconut oil to the pan and with a paper towel grease the pan. Pour ½ cup batter in the center of the pan, then quickly rotate it gently to allow it to spread.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then with a wooden or rubber spatula loosen the edge of socca and quickly flip it. Cook for 1 minute then remove from the pan. Make sure the heat isn’t too high.
- Make the tomato salsa tossing all ingredients in a bowl.
- Top the soccas with the tomato salsa and avocado.
- Garnish with cilantro, drizzle lime juice, sprinkle chipotle powder and serve.