These delicate and popular oven-baked gnocchi are a perfect and delicious way to start the week right.
- Servings 4-6
For the gnocchi:
- 4 cups Milk
- 1 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups Semolina Wheat Middlings
- 1 stick Butter
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
For the sauce:
- 3/4 cup Milk Cream
- 3/4 cup Grated Cheese
- Fresh Thyme
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pour the milk in a pot and bring to a boil, add in the semolina, mixing continuously.
- Add the butter and nutmeg, always mixing so that it blends together and cook at low heat until the mix thickens and comes off the pot easily.
- Take out of the heat and mix in the egg yolks and the condiments to taste.
- Pour in a platter and spread out the mix so that it’s even.
- Leave to cool for 30 mins so that the dough thickens.
- Once firm, cut with a rounded 1.5-inch pasta cutter or cut in square, if you want to use all the dough.
- Put in a lightly buttered baking sheet and cover with hot cream and grated cheese sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15 mins. at 350°F, until brown.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and extra virgin olive oil.
Parmesan cheese is ideal for this recipe.
If you love gnocchies, try these recipes!