An easy and traditional salsa roja with spicy guajillo chiles that you'll want all over your tacos.
- Servings 6-8
- 20 mins.
- 4-8 dried Guajillo Chiles
- 1 Garlic Clove, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 small Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small Tomato, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Mexican Oregano
- 1/2 cup Hot Water
- Toast chiles in pan with a touch of oil for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and add the hot water over the chiles. Allow to soften for about 5 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients to a blender. Remove tops of the chiles and discard. Add the rest of the chiles and the hot water. Blend well.
- Remove from blender and cook in pan with a touch of oil until color deepens, about 7 minutes.
- Remove, cool and serve!