Try this recipe from Mexico’s Yucatan peninsula that is easy enough to make with the kids.
- Servings 4
- 20 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups raw, unhulled Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 Tomatoes, cored, cut in half
- ½ Habanero chile, stemmed
- 1 Serrano chile, cut in half, stemmed
- 1 Red chile
- ¼ White Onion
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Directions to get the best Pepita’s Dip
- Toast your pumpkin seeds in a medium skillet for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add to food processor and blend on high until smooth.
- Add chiles & tomato to the skillet and cook on high until charred.
- Transfer to the food processor, add remaining ingredients, and blend on high until smooth.
- Add water or cilantro as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Use veggie chips for an alternative to corn chips.
Do you like our content?
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
Here are more appetizers recipes for you