Try this recipe from Mexico’s Yucatan peninsula that is easy enough to make with the kids.
- Servings 4
- 20 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups raw, unhulled Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 Tomatoes, cored, cut in half
- ½ Habanero chile, stemmed
- 1 Serrano chile, cut in half, stemmed
- 1 Red chile
- ¼ White Onion
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Toast your pumpkin seeds in a medium skillet for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add to food processor and blend on high until smooth.
- Add chiles & tomato to the skillet and cook on high until charred.
- Transfer to the food processor, add remaining ingredients, and blend on high until smooth.
- Add water or cilantro as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Use veggie chips for an alternative to corn chips.