Rum Glazed Shrimp
Try these easy and luscious shrimp with a Caribbean-inspired spicy rum glaze. Perfect by themselves or as a topper for a fresh garden salad.
- Servings 4
- 2 hrs. 30 mins.
- ¼ cup Dark rum
- ¼ cup Freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup Coconut palm sugar
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Ginger, ground
- ½ tsp. Nutmeg
- ½ tsp. Cloves, ground
- 2 tbsp. MAZOLA® CORN OIL
- 16 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 pieces Mango
- In a small bowl, mix together the rum, lime juice, coconut palm sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Place shrimp and rum mixture in resealable plastic bag or in covered bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and reduce rum sauce down to a syrup consistency.
- Heat MAZOLA® CORN OIL in a large skillet on medium-high. Place shrimp and mango in pan and cook until blackened in spots and shrimp are opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. Cover with rum glaze and saute for another 2-3 minutes, tossing/stirring shrimp and mangos in pan until evenly coated.
Did you know Mazola® Corn Oil may help lower cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil*? * Maki KC, Lawless Al, Kelley KM, Kaden VN, Dicklin MR. Benefits of corn oil compared to extra virgin olive oil consumption on the plasma lipid profile in men and women with elevated cholesterol: results from a controlled feeding trial. J. Clin. Lipidol. January/February 2015 issue. Study sponsored in part by ACH Food Companies, Inc. For more information visit Mazola.com. ©2018 ACH Food Companies, Inc.