This juicy Mexican-style flank steak is perfect for a taco party all year long.
- Servings 8
- 14 mins.
- 3 pounds flank steak, cut into strips
- 8 ounces Spanish sausage (chorizo español), cut into strips
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, julienned
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 pound cooked cactus paddles (nopales,) cut into strips (canned or tender)
- 1 1⁄2 cups green pepper, julienned
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 1⁄2 cups red pepper, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
For the Meat Sauce:
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dark beer
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- Preheat the 14‐inch Paella Pan at medium‐high heat for about 3 minutes. The temperature is correct when a few drops of water are sprinkled on the utensil and they move around the surface without evaporating.
- Add chorizo and cook for 2 minutes; stir constantly.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in meat and cactus paddles, and cook for 1 more minute.
- Incorporate peppers, cilantro and the 3 sauce ingredients. Cover with the Redi‐Temp® valve open and cook until it whistles (in about 2 minutes.) Reduce heat to low, close the valve and cook for 8 more minutes.
- Serve meat with beans, guacamole and corn tortillas.