The infallible chicken wing gets a makeover with the tangy and sweet taste of pineapple and habanero pepper.
- Servings 4-6
- 25 mins.
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- A pinch of garlic powder
- A pinch of onion powder
- A pinch of paprika
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 red bell pepper, seedless and stem removed
- 1 habanero pepper (or to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 dash liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- Preheat the Paella Pan at medium‐ high heat for 3 minutes. The temperature is correct when a few drops of water are sprinkled on the utensil and they move around the surface without evaporating. Add wings and sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the vegetable broth; cover with the Redi‐Temp® valve open and cook at the same heat until it whistles (in about 5 minutes). Reduce heat to low, close the valve, and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the 12‐inch Gourmet Skillet at medium‐high heat for 3 minutes. Add red pepper, habanero pepper, garlic cloves, onion; cook 3 minutes.
- Pour half cup of pineapple juice, add diced pineapples, soy sauce, liquid smoke, and cook for 35 more seconds. Remove from stove and let it cool down.
- Carefully, pour the ingredients from the skillet into the Royal Vort‐XTM blender. Add the rest of the pineapple juice, and brown sugar. Cover and blend on speed 6 for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the sauce back into the Gourmet Skillet. Add corn starch and with the help of the Precision Series Whisk, stir for 2 minutes, at medium‐high heat, to thicken the sauce.
- Add the sauce to the Paella Pan, covering all the wings. Place pineapple chunks on top, and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 400°F. Place Paella Pan inside, without cover, and bake for 10 minutes. Enjoy!