This appetizing and nutritious hummus made with edamame and avocado will become your new favorite recipe as it is perfect as a healthy snack, a side dish or a dish to share.
- Servings N/A
- 8 mins.
- 2 cups Edamame (soybeans)
- 2 tbsp. Water
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1⁄4 cup Pine Nuts, toasted
- 1 Habanero Pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp. Sour Cream
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 1 tbsp. Tahini sauce
- Juice of 1 Lime (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 6 Cilantro sprigs
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Carrots, cut into canes
- 2 Cucumbers, cut into canes
- 1 bunch Celery sticks, cut into canes
- In the 3‐quart Dutch Oven, add edamame and water. Cover and cook at medium‐high heat with the Redi‐Temp® valve open until it whistles (approximately 4 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low, let cook for 4 more minutes. Set aside, and let it cool down.
- In the Royal Vort‐XTM, add cooked beans, avocado, pine nuts, habanero pepper, sour cream, salt, tahini sauce, lime juice, garlic and cilantro sprigs.
- Press pulse a couple of times and blend at speed #1 for 30 seconds.
- Slightly remove the twist‐off knob from the lid, and carefully start adding the olive oil. Blend one more time, at speed 2 for 45 seconds or until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy with the vegetable canes.