Cold weather calls for a plate of this traditional dish from North-Eastern Brazil, Paraguay, and the North-Eastern Argentina. Exquisite and warming!
- Servings 2
- 45 mins.
- ½ Onion
- 1 large Squash
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- ½ All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup grated Cheese
- ½ cup Port Salut Cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Dice the squash and onions finely.
- Brown them in butter. Add salt to taste.
- Add milk, mix in medium heat for as long as the squash becomes a purée.
- Add the flour and mix until a thick cream forms.
- Lower heat. Add grated cheese and diced Port Salut cheese, mix until they melt.
- Serve with pieces of grilled steak or by itself.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley or green onions for garnish.