Slice into this decadent cake roll that takes all the flavors of a pumpkin pie and watch it disappear in front of your guests. It is the perfect bite-sized autumn dessert.
- Servings 4-6
- 45 mins.
For the cake:
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 cup Pumpkin Purée
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts (optional)
For the filling:
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients, except the granulated sugar.
- In a mixing bowl beat eggs, sugar and pumpkin until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and mix them well. Pour the mix on a tray cover with a parchment paper, spreading the batter evenly making sure to go all the way to the corners.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, 325°F
- Let it cool for a few minutes then turn it over a plastic wrap sprinkled with powdered sugar, roll it with the plastic and refrigerate for an hour.
- Prepare the filling, softening the cream cheese with the vanilla. Once is nice and creamy fold it with the cool whip, and let it cool on the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Bring the roll and filling out of the fridge and carefully unroll it, spread the filling with a thick layer (there is no such of thing as too much filling!), roll it back and leave it on the fridge until serving time.
- To serve, take of the plastic wrap and place the roll on a plate, cut the edges and sprinkle a little powdered sugar for decoration.
Lifver 8-Pack Bowl Sets/Ramekins, Lovely porcelain Dip Bowls, WhiteGenuine Mexican Volcanic Stone Molcajete / Tejolote 8 inch with Wooden Salsa Spoon & HandbookCuisinart C77SS-15PK 15-Piece Stainless Steel Hollow Handle Block Set
Pro Tips to improve your pumpkin spice roll
Replace the Cool Whip with freshly whipped cream if looking for a more natural alternative.
If you love pumpkin flavors, click here!