It’s pomegranate season and that means you can make this exquisite granita for a refreshing treat!
- Servings 2-4
- 2 hrs.
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 cups of 100 % Pomegranate Juice
- 1 Orange, juiced
- 4 tsp. Pomegranate Seeds
- Make a simple syrup by mixing sugar and water in a saucepan on high heat. Stir continuously until the sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer the syrup to a shallow baking dish. Add the pomegranate juice and the juice of one orange. Mix well.
- Place the baking dish in the freezer for 1-2 hours, until firm around the edges. Remove. Scrape the ice crystals with fork tines to separate the crystals. Repeat this process 2-3 more times until the ice crystals are completely frozen.
- Serve in a chilled dish and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
This dish is also tasty garnished with orange or lemon zest, mint, basil and more.