You won’t be able to go back to plain ol’ cranberry sauce after trying this addictive sweet and salty side dish. To make a vegetarian version of this dish, omit the chorizo and replace with one tablespoon of smoked paprika powder.
- Servings 8
- 2 pkg. of Dry Chorizo, in slices
- 1/3 cup Pomegranate Molasses
- ¼ cup fresh Pomegranate Seeds
- 3/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1 sprig Mint
- 1 tsp. Dried Rosemary
- ⅓ cup Sherry
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the garlic, pomegranate molasses, mint, rosemary, 2 tsp. of salt and a generous pinch of pepper.
- Add the chorizo and turn to coat with the pomegranate glaze; let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Option – you can let it continue resting for another 20 minutes or you can add to a small saucepan and cook on med-high heat until wine is reduced down by ½.
- Let cool and enjoy at room temperature.