This easy polenta recipe is a great option for breakfast or a quick snack.
- Servings 4
- 15 mins.
- 4 cups low-fat Milk
- 1 1/2 cups coarse ground yellow Cornmeal
- 2 tbsp. unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp. favorite hard Cheese (manchego, parmesan, asiago), for garnish
- Chives, for garnish
- Pour milk into a medium saucepan, place over medium heat and simmer.
- Slowly whisk in cornmeal until fully incorporated, lower heat to low and continue to stir for about 5 minutes.
- Fold in butter and season with salt.
- Stir until no lumps remain, then pour mixture into a lightly greased, wax paper lined 9”x13” baking sheet with a 1” lip.
- Top with an extra sheet of greased wax paper.
- Evenly spread and allow mixture to cool for about 20 minutes before placing into the refrigerator. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Remove polenta from refrigerator and cut out rounds using cookie cutter or the top of a mason jar.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. Lightly fry polenta rounds for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from oil and plate with shredded cheese and chives.
Pair with a cup of cold brew Colombian coffee.