Be careful with these spicy potatoes, once you make them you won’t be able to stop making them over and over!
- Servings 2-4
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 tsp. Garlic
- 2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp. Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp. Sherry Vinegar
- Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 lbs. Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- Garlic Aioli
- Chopped Cilantro
- Fry the onion with olive oil in a sauce pan or cast iron skillet at medium heat. Add the garlic, cayenne pepper, sweet smoked paprika, tomato paste, vinegar, salt and water and cook until a watery paste is formed. Let rest and reserve.
- Boil 8 cups of water in a pot over high heat. Add potatoes and baking soda. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, add kosher salt and mix.
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan over low heat. Fry the potatoes, shaking saucepan occasionally, until any surface moisture has evaporated, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from heat and let rest.
- Combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise into the tomato paste and mix.
- Serve potatoes with tomato sauce, garlic aioli and cilantro.
Adding baking soda to the water when you boil the potatoes helps to make them extra crispy!