Be careful with these spicy potatoes (in Spanish, Patatas Bravas) once you make them you won’t be able to stop making them over and over!
- Servings 2-4
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 tsp. Garlic
- 2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp. Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp. Sherry Vinegar
- Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 lbs. Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- Garlic Aioli
- Chopped Cilantro
- Fry the onion with olive oil in a sauce pan or cast iron skillet at medium heat. Add the garlic, cayenne pepper, sweet smoked paprika, tomato paste, vinegar, salt and water and cook until a watery paste is formed. Let rest and reserve.
- Boil 8 cups of water in a pot over high heat. Add potatoes and baking soda. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, add kosher salt and mix.
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan over low heat. Fry the potatoes, shaking saucepan occasionally, until any surface moisture has evaporated, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from heat and let rest.
- Combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise into the tomato paste and mix.
- Serve potatoes with tomato sauce, garlic aioli and cilantro.
Pro Tips to get crispy Patatas Bravas!
Adding baking soda to the water when you boil the potatoes helps to make them extra crispy!
Want to make them even spicier?
Try adding some of our Chili Hot Sauce to the recipe!