Patagonian Cheese Soufflé
This fluffy and exquisite soufflé is a classic that never goes out of style.
- Servings 2-4
- 1 hr.
- 2/3 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 3 cups Milk
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Grated Nutmeg
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese (Parmesan or Mozzarella)
- 6 Egg Whites
- Melt the butter in a pan, add flour and cook lightly (do not brown).
- Add boiling milk to make a thick white sauce.
- Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and, if wanted, a pinch of sugar.
- Combine the egg yolks with the sauce in circular movements. Add the cheese.
- Whip the egg whites until they are foamy. Fold them with the cheese mix until well combined.
- Pour the mix into individual molds, bake for 20-30 mins. at 350°F or until done.
- Serve immediately.
Serve with fresh green salad.