Bread with Tomato / Pan con Tomate
This one is as simple as it is good! The Bread with tomato recipe is a classic of Catalonian tapas. Great choice for breakfast and as a snack
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Anchovies
- 4 Roma Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 loaf Ciabatta Bread
- Slice tomatoes and half and use a box grater to shred the pulp.
- Place in a bowl and add minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Reserve.
- Cut bread into slices and broil in medium heat. Thicker slices hold tomato pulp best.
- Combine anchovies and olive oil, coat toasted bread with the mixture.
- Scoop generous portions of the tomato mix onto toasted bread.
- Serve with a soft boiled egg.
Bread with Tomate tips
Try adding other Spanish delicacies like ham, Manchego cheese or chorizo to make it a more substantial dish.
Pan con tomate origin
Pa amb tomàquet, or Pan con tomate, is a traditional food of Catalan, Valencian, Aragonese, Balearic and Murcian cuisines in Spain. Pa amb tomàquet is considered a staple of Catalan cuisine and identity. It is a traditional national dish of Spain