Make these fast and delicious pambazos at home, a typical street food from central Mexico that is perfect for this posadas season.
- Servings 4
- 4 Telera Rolls
- 8 dried Guajillo Chiles, de-seeded
- 1/4 Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 tbsp. Chicken Bouillon
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 1 lb. Longaniza
- 2 cups diced Potatoes, cooked
- Chopped Lettuce
- Shredded Queso Fresco
- Sour Cream
- Green Salsa to garnish
- Place the chiles on hot water and cover until are tender.
- Blend the chiles with onion, garlic and chicken bouillon.
- Put oil on a pan on medium heat, add the guajillo salsa and bring it to boil. Pour salsa on a bowl.
- Cook the longaniza on a pan, add the diced potatoes and mix well.
- Cut the telera rolls in half, dip it on the guajillo salsa on both sides, place it on a hot pan with oil, let the bread toast until brown.
- Fill the rolls with the longaniza and potatoes mix, garnish with lettuce, queso fresco and crema.
- Add green salsa if desired.
You can substitute the longaniza for your favorite chorizo in case longaniza isn’t available.